- The economic downturn has compelled leading companies from all sectors to diversify and change their approaches to promote and provide services. For example, Starbucks are banking on their mobile app and sell wine;
- Every company included in the list of top 100 global brands use digital, technological and marketing innovations;
- Young, bright professionals, so-called millennials, are hired and trained to fill senior positions straight away because they enjoy complicated tasks and do not want to work without goals. They also want brand values to be close to them emotionally;
- B2b and b2c corporations are joining forces. For example, IBM, Cisco and SAP work with Apple devices. More and more business apps are installed in personal smartphones. Online shopping is growing fast. For example, Amazon works with Wallmart for food delivery;
- Clothing manufacturing is the fastest growing industry ($114 billion) which introduces many innovations such as, for example, sensors measuring heartbeats and mobile apps in “intelligent” tracksuits.
TOP 100 Global Brands6 February, 2017
It is customary to begin a new business year by considering the near future. American companies WPP and Kantar Millward Brown have prepared an excellent review presenting not only a list of top 100 most valuable global brands, but also the trends in b2b and b2c, the particularities of world retail business, telecommunications, banking, and IT. Their review also gives some recommendations to do business in Russia and other developing countries.
The development of b2b companies is more stable than for other companies working directly with customers, but barriers to growth are the same for both. The general economic downturn is indeed evident everywhere. Clients no longer respond to classic promotional ways, and competition continues to rise for the major players in every industry.
Retail and fast food use IT and omnichannel more than other sectors. IT giants continue switching to cloud technology, and the developments introduced by these giants will affect society more and more (for example, Microsoft HoloLens). International banks work at attracting young customers, while regional banks are expected to improve the quality of their services.
News from world leading companies
What about the situation in Russia?
- Russian manufacturers are competing more successfully with their foreign counterparts;
- Customers pay more attention to high-priced goods and services. Purchasing power has decreased so people are willing to pay only for what they consider worth it;
- Online shopping is growing fast;
- Russian brands such as, for example, Yandex, Telegram, World of tanks, are becoming global.
We will continue to support our clients and endeavor to help them reach new business heights.